Stylish Shades at Carolina Blinds
Shades are often, although not always, comprised of material that can be raised and lowered. They usually, unlike the blind, don’t have slats that move. Shades are often selected because of their light filtering and insulation properties, although the blind provides this as well.
For those homeowners who want ultimate light control, the blind is often a better choice.
Shades are extremely popular and the perfect option for specific situations.
Characteristics of Shades
- Heat and Cold Insulation. The amount of insulation that a shade will give you is an important consideration when choosing the right product.
- Sunlight. You need to know how much light you want to pass through the shade. There are some that allow a significant amount of light through, while others can provide complete blackout. Solar shades decrease the heat in the home. They also reduce glare and prevent sun damage to furniture.
- Privacy. Think about the amount of privacy you need. There are shades that are lowered from the top to allow for light and privacy. Others let a significant amount of light in and still provide privacy.
- Sound Insulation. Certain shades have more sound insulation qualities than others.
- Movement. Cordless shades allow users to raise and lower the shade without a cord.
When looking for the right shades for your home, there are many characteristics that homeowners need to consider. Whether its shades, shutters, drapes, motorized window treatments or window blinds in Asheville and the surrounding areas, Carolina Blinds can lend a hand. Authorized dealers for some of the leading brands across America, such as Graber, Hunter Douglas, Comfortex and Kirsh, we’ve been in business since 1992 and know what works and what doesn’t. Supplying window treatments for much of Western North Carolina, we meet clients in their own homes, taking full responsibility for measuring, ordering, confirming shipment and installation.